I am just finishing my quarter of Digital Marketing at WWU.
This quarter my teacher has taught us about:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Inbound Marketing
- Word of Mouth
- Content Marketing
- Paid Media
- A/B Testing
- Database Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Mobile Payments
- Growth Hackers
(For more detail on these subjects please view my previous posts)
Not only did we learn about all of these amazing topics which will help us as marketers but we also learned many different life lessons such as:
- No one is an expert digital marketer (the digital world is always changing)
- If you want a job become certified (Google analytics is a great place to start)
- Continue to learn (you have to continually read posts in order to stay up to date with digital marketing)
- Digital marketing is growing rapidly (digital marketing is becoming the best choice for marketers)
If you wish to become a marketer then take Mark Staton’s class at WWU.
This class has been amazing
I have never blogged before and I never even thought about using twitter before this class.
Now I have written a few blogs and according to MS I have written nearly 5000 words (4640) this quarter in my blogs alone. I never would have guest that at the beginning of the quarter.
This class has also impacted my Klout Score. Before taking this class my score was at 15. Now that I have added twitter and learned how to market myself my score has rose to a 48. This is before loading WordPress into my Klout which will take a few days to update.